Friday, September 2, 2011

Maggie's "New" Nite Stand

As much as I haven't been amazing about bloggin, I actually have been getting things done.  I am not sure how all those bloggers do it, manage a house, do just about everything themselves, and then blog about it?  I really am pretty shaky at managing the house and bloggin- let's just say- not so much!  Anyhow, I just finished up my daughter's new night stand.  I actually purchased this a while back and at first I wanted to convert this to a new vanity in my bathroom.  Since I purchased this on Craig's List I did not really look very closely at the peice- to my credit, the room was really cramped and dark.  What I should have done is passed on the peice.  It is a veneered peice of furniture- again with the darn veneers!  Well I think I am starting to learn my lesson with this.  I should have taken a pic before but I just got to work instead.  I am kinda mad at myself for buying it.  However, I did have a great spot for it, and it is providing much needed additional storage- albeit for my maternity clothes.  It turned out pretty well and is better than the cheap old circular table you can buy at Wally World that I had covered with a table skirt.

My favorite part of the table is a vintage linen I scored at Goodwill.  It was hand embroidered and is super cute.  My Goodwill trip was a total score.  I found this great set of Irish linen napkins with an amazing tone on tone art nouveau style.  LOVE THEM!  And at 49 cents a peice- they were a seriously good deal.  Immaculate condition- I am sure they were someones "good" linens and were used like once a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment