Monday, August 15, 2011

Girls Nite In Craft Nite

Shaunti and Stephani placing the vinyl onto the transfer paper- which we found out is an expensive alternative to painter's tape- you live you learn!

This is the set I did in the regular "Opposites Attract" font.  I cut down the extra long tails.

This is Stephanie's set in the "Upright" version of the font.  I really like this option too!
Had a blast last night and I actually completed another project from my 'to-craft' list!  WAHOO.  Stephanie, Shaunti and I made these great kitchen canisters.  Stephanie had the Cricut machine and we used it to cut out vinyl black lettering in the "Opposites Attract" font.  Shaunti and Stephanie used the "upright" lettering- which was great because then you can avoid the forever long tails in the normal font setting.  We all created different canister based on our needs and they turned out great!  It was a little more time consuming than we had read about the Scissors and Spatulas tutorial, but it really didn't matter cause we had time to talk while we worked.  It was a great update to my counter top and now I can access my more used baking supplies with ease.  Plus I had the opportunity to use the Cricut for the first time and it was really fun- I can see why everyone likes them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment