Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weekend Warriors




The past Saturday, the hubs and I knocked out our eat in kitchen area.  He kinda wanted to kill me because he thinks this color (as he would say "non-color") was the same as it was when we moved in.  However, it was so different I painted the ceiling over as well.  I know this is just plumb crazy and a little presumptious, but I asked for my Christmas present while we were working.  I know you are just dying with anticipation to here what I am getting!  CROWN MOLDING!!  I think it will really help to finish off the room.
My next project for this space is my curtains.  I am doing a valance similar to my daughters for behind the red table I have pictured, and then pinch pleats for the sliding glass door.  I am hoping our energy saving since they will insulate this space well in winter and summer ( I am blackout lining and interling them) will justify the cost of the fabric.  Literally, only time will tell.
I also did a little craft over the weekend.  I used some old tin cans and some scrapbook paper I had along with the following printables for the green faux bois, and the black and white chevron printed paper.  Such a simple project.  I used a double sided tape along the top and bottom of the cans, cut the paper to size and wrapped the cans.  Easy peasy.  Then I used some fun ric rac trim I had on hand and the double sided tape again to trim out the cans.  Super simple and FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment