Friday, August 12, 2011

Curtains .... never been closer!

Blanching the Roma Tomatoes I got from the food co-op.

13 lbs. of Roma tomatoes, less than a dollar a pound.

I have two pots going to make the blanching faster.

tomatoes cooling off, then we will peel/core them, and into the strainer

I forgot to take pics of the sauce making process, not super interesting- but this is my favorite part anyhow- all the pretty jars!
Well I finished the button holes for the sash, next step is pleating.  I am really hoping to finish this weekend!  My oldest kiddos are going camping with Dad, so it is me, the baby, sewing machine and all my fabulous projects!  I took a little intermission last weekend (more adhd!) and did some canning.  I made 16 pints of pasta sauce which will really come in handy for a quick weekday meal now that school is starting.  Here is some pics of the process- took me Saturday and a good portion of Sunday to finish.  But is is super healthy and I know I will be feeding my family well!

No comments:

Post a Comment