Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Decorating Inspiration

I read this really great article this am about taking design risks and that doing so can create the most payoff for a visually appealing space.  Monday night, I was thinking about what I would like to do with my formal dining room, and at first, I thought I might draw my inspiration from my china pattern.  However, I have been drawn to Ann Marie's Robin's Egg Blue Armoire that she refinished.  I loved how she breathed new life into the peice and I thought I could do something similar with my new china cabinet.  I have always loved orange and turquoise as a color combination.  I found a lovely blogger who has a serious turquoise passion and she posted some amazing interiors using the color combination.    So that started my obsession with creating this orange and turquoise dining room.  My concern is that I really don't want it to look "southwestern"  and I am very concerned because I have this amazing antique mission door table and wrought iron chairs.  I am hoping that if I use modern prints on my chair cushions, and curtain trims, I will be able to pull off a look that is not entirely 'southwestern' in nature.  I placed a bid on some great brand new- but out of package  light cream silk draped.  Hopefully I can snag the deal because I have similar curtains in another room, and they are great!  I am also hoping that I can find the right wall color.  I am thinking a coral color??  Maybe adding a pattern with an all over wall stencil.  I really love the large Hollywood Squares pattern and the damask.  www.royaldesignstudio.com Whether I keep the walls nuetral  in a white color or go with the color, I will be creating a tone on tone design with the stencils.  I will post picks of my room and the accompanying projects I will be doing.  Hopefully when the auction closes tomarrow, I will be the proud owner of some fabulous function curtains- for less than it would cost to buy a couple yards of fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment