Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gearing up for Girls Weekend and a Fabric Shopping Trip!

I am headed down to the Valley this weekend to stay at the Camelback Inn!  It is going to be so much fun.  Huge group of ladies, with a suite (our own pool!) and spa-AHHHHHH!  Yippie!!  I have been busy working on my informal dining room table.  The refinishing is now in it's prime and paint stages.  I have sealed off the garage, masked off an entire wall with plastic sheeting and covered the floor in a canvas drop cloth.  One good coat of primer is finished and I will go back tomarrow with another additional coat.  From there is is touch and go.  I had to do some serious veneer work on the top of the table.  Sort of felt like I was putting whipped cream on you know what.  I am really gonna have to pay better attention to what I am buying! I am currently watching two fabulous sets of curtains complete with hardware.  This would leave my palette pretty open at this point- not super sure where I want to go.  I have been having a bit of a love affair with grey....

Another Inspiring Room from Addicted 2 Decorating

Hutch Project- I am feeling so blue!

Interesting glass and wire front doors.

Need something longer for an entry table!

Not sure where paint should end, begin in these open spaces!  This is actually the first "new house" I have lived in. 

The vaulted ceilings will be very hard to paint if I go all the way up. 

This fixture is way too small for this space.

can't wait to play dress up with the windows!

Not my fave part of the space


I must be covered!  But with what?  Wall paper?  Stencil? Nuetral?
On to brighter rooms- Last week I found fabulous curtains (brand new dupioni in cream) on Ebay for the formal dining room.  Planning on embellishing these with some great trims and potentially adding a valance and or sheers to create multiple layers.   These two room redos will get some extra special attention this weekend when I am in the Valley.  Before I check in on Friday, I am going to go to one of my fav fabric stores Fabric Depot.  They have an amazing selection of home dec and upholstery fabrics.  Since I have a couple room projects in progress, the fabrics may be what I need to make final decisions.  Here are some pics for the formal dining projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment