Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Valance in Informal Dining Room

Well I was right- a little sewing vindication.  The window in the dining room was longer- hence more fabric- hence more annoying- but in the end, knowing and having done the pattern previously for Maggie's room was a huge help!  I used a mid- weight fabric on this valance and if I had to do it over again, I would have passed on the interlining.  It made it very hard to sew the layers together- and button holes were a major pain.  In the long run- I have a great valance.  I had to order more fabric since I ended up measuring wrong so the pleated curtains are still in the wings. 
Resources:


Pattern: Pate Meadows
Fabric- Raymond Waites Padma Black Swan.  I purchased this at the Fabric Depot, but it is available at Fabric.com as well.
Jo- Ann Fabrics- clearance trims, covered buttons, interlining and lining

No comments:

Post a Comment