Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

I had a blast at Fountain Hills Festival of the Arts. It was a success and I sold a ton of Christmas items. I think in the future however I will really have to move my booth further toward Ave of the Fountains as I think the traffic was much slower in my location. I heard from numerous customers that my bows were the best at the show- which not to sound too competitive, made my show! I will also have to seriously consider the costs associated with just having a booth. I think $450- may just be too much. That means for me just to participate I have to sell and create 60 over the top bows just to be there. That is a lot of time spent making hairbows just to go. Many customers asked if I was going to be at Tempe, I researched the show and decided it was a no go. It is about $600 just to go, so again that is 100 bows I have to make and sell , in my over the top style, just to attend. Larger shows like this are really discouraging for smaller crafters. If you are an artists, it would one take a sale of maybe one or two peices to break even. So I think I will stick to smaller scale shows for the time being. Thanks to all who came out, even multiple days of the show, to see me. I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment